Friday, February 13, 2009

Violated

Thieves broke into my home and took my things. It didn't happen to someone else, it wasn't far away, it happened to me, and my family. What an awful feeling. They messed with my bed- took my pillowcase!, they riffled through our underwear drawers, and they took our things. We don't have a lot of nice things, but they took our laptops, our camera, my jewelry, and over 100 DVDs. It is hard to think of your home as being as safe as it was before someone came in- it feels open and vulnerable. They took all of my photos. They were stored on my hard-drive, and now they are gone. Luckily I use google docs and most of my documents will be recoverable because they are stored online, but my pictures, they are probably lost forever.

I'm so grateful no one was hurt, no one was home or came home to find the people still in our home. I'm grateful Heavenly Father was watching over Steve and keeping him busy elsewhere. I hope this never happens to any of you.

3 comments:

TheSmithZoo said...

Oh, Heather, You poor thing. I am glad you guys are Ok, at least physically. I think pictures are the worst thing to lose, but it's all awful.

Aunt Lisa

Katherine said...

Woah, talk about feeling violated... That's soo scary. That REALLY sucks about the pictures though, what a dumb thing to take, what kind of money would they get for them, or was it the frames they were in? Love you Heather hope you guys can replace everything else, did you guys file a police report?

Crys said...

I'm so sorry sweetheart! It is a horrible feeling to be violated like that. I hope you are able to recover your pictures!!!