Friday, February 20, 2009

Responsibility, what's that?

When the 12 year-old you are "house-sitting" asked if she and her friend could "play in the front yard," my response was "If you don't get hit by a car or freeze to death." I averted my eyes as she walked past me a few moments later carrying a tent and several blankets.

When I ask, "have you done your homework?" the answer is always "yes." I avert my eyes when they hide a note from the teacher stating they have some missing assignments.

When I was asked to "house-sit" I was told not to worry about the kids, except to make dinner and occasionally ask if they did their homework. They can be home alone, I don't need to spend my time here, but please make sure they have something for dinner.

When I wonder to myself, "Is this normal?" I hear a resounding "NO!" But then I remember the money... Its ridiculous what 2 newlyweds trying to get out of debt will do for money.

No comments: