Monday, February 23, 2009

The Perfect Time


For Valentine's Day I got the most comfortable robe in the world. Not only is it what you would find in Webster's to define "plush" and "warm," it is also BRIGHT red. Happy, cheerful, "Good Morning!!" red.

This robe has caused some significant life changes for me.

My morning routine used to be this: Get up, stumble into my (somewhat boring) robe, head downstairs for scripture study with the family, stumble back up the stairs, and back into bed. Eventually I would get back up, head to the bathroom and race the clock to get ready before I'm late to work. No more!

Now I wake up, put on my soft new robe, and luxuriate in its warm embrace. No more getting back in bed. No more hurrying into my clothes when I'm done showering. Now I sit and read a book, or check my e-mail and do a little writing. Morning has become the perfect time of day.

I'm more productive, I'm more cheerful, and I have more energy. Not to mention I am taking a little time to myself each day and it seems to be doing wonders for my attitude.

I highly recommend you each evaluate your robe and see what you can do to increase its wearability. Let me know how it goes.

No comments: