Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Creativity Fettered

I'm taking a cake decorating class! I am so excited, because this is something that I've been wanting to do as long as I can remember. I'm acquiring the tools and techniques I've wanted for years. I made a yummy coconut cream cake for our Sunday dinner at Cory & Lisa's house, and I'm working on a yellow cake with lemon filling now.

I am also finally working on my sister's Christmas present, I'm making her a coat. It is a more extensive tailoring project than I usually tackle. It is going to be fantastic. The sewing machine is out, the ironing board is up, the bedroom is a disaster, and I'm sewing again!

I finally have the time I needed to get some of these things done, I've been home all day for the last 2 days! I can watch TV, read blogs, do some writing of my own, its almost perfect.... except one thing:

I'm sick.

You know, the winter plague- deep chest congestion, sinus headaches, drippy nose, loud cough. All of it. Which means: I'm not getting a heck of a lot done. I'm not at work, because my body won't let me work. So, I try to rest.

I lay there.... thinking about my cake.... about my coat... about my blog... This isn't rest. This is unrest.

Wouldn't it be great to have a few days off, get the to-do list checked off, maybe even go to a mid-week matinee? Too bad I have to use up my sick days on the real thing.

2 comments:

C. Beth said...

Aw, I hope you are feeling better soon! Being sick while being pregnant is NO FUN.

On a happy note--you won the One-Minute Writing of the Day contest on One-Minute Writer for your response to yesterday's prompt. Congratulations!!

Heather said...

Just so everyone knows, I'm not pregnant. :)