Saturday, March 7, 2009

Raising a Large Family

A few months ago I was reading a magazine article on organization, and it referenced a book titled A Sane Woman's Guide to Raising a Large Family. As I've always wanted to be just that, and as I had some time on my hands, I decided to check it out. It turned out the book hadn't been published yet (it will be on April 5), but at the bottom of the book description it had a link to the author's blog, Owlhaven.

Thus began my new hobby/obsession of following stranger's blogs. I've really enjoyed reading Mary's stories of her life raising 10 kids, several of which were adopted. I'm excited to read her book when it comes out, and right now she is giving away some free copies! To be honest, that is why I'm telling you all this- so I'll be entered into the contest for a free copy. But don't worry, I wouldn't do it if Mary didn't deserve the plug.  So check out the book, and if you buy a copy and I don't win one, let me know and I'll steal it from you. Happy reading!

1 comment:

TheSmithZoo said...

Sounds like a fun book. If you want to read another stranger's blog, Antique Mommy is a good one. She had a son later in life, he is about the same age as Jake.

Aunt Lisa