Monday, March 9, 2009

Introduction to Lying

When we were little we had a toy pot.  It wasn't like the one in the picture. The sides were made of clear plastic, and there were two layers with water in between, so it looked like the pot was full of water.

You know that game where you try and make the other person "flinch"? We would often pretend to douse each other with the "water" in that toy pot and then say "Made you flinch!"  

I always flinched.

Ben never flinched.

Being a much older and wiser sister, I knew it was time to get creative.

One unsuspecting day, I put water in the pot. Ben didn't flinch, but he got wet!

Unfortunately for me, this was back in the day when "I'm telling on you!" invoked a lot more fear than it would now.  But I had a solution.

I doused myself with water too.

When mom came up the stairs to ask me why I dumped water all over my brother I had a quick answer.

"Ben tricked me and dumped water on me from this pot and when I said I was going to tell on him he got himself all wet and ran downstairs to tell on me but I didn't do anything!"

Ben got in trouble.

He still reminds me of this incident at least once a year.

I taught my brother how to lie. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! The things we do as children to not get in trouble.

Unknown said...

That's my girl!